Welcome to Cornell!
Congratulations on your acceptance into Cornell…and welcome! We are excited that you will begin your graduate program soon and look forward to working with you.
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayOur goal is simple: To give you a warm welcome and help you become a member of Cornell communities of scholars and researchers. You will learn about graduate study at Cornell along with expectations and tips for success as a new graduate student. We will introduce you to available resources and support to help you now and during your degree program.
Our orientation does not replace your field orientation program; it supplements it to help you experience the benefits of a larger, interdisciplinary community. Please consult your field’s website for field, college, and program-specific orientation programs. Please also make sure to keep track of your new student to do list.
August 2021 – Orientation Hub opens
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayWe will use Cornell’s learning management system, Canvas, to house modules including information, resources, tips, and links to register for our formal program and Transitions workshops. The Orientation Hub is live, a link was sent to all incoming graduate and professional students. . (An active Cornell NetID is required to access).
August 2021 – Graduate School Welcome
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayThe formal program, presented via Zoom, features Cornell President Martha Pollack, Graduate School Dean and Vice Provost for Graduate Education Kathryn J. Boor, the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly, and the Graduate School’s associate and assistant deans who will help you understand Cornell’s structure, funding, and much more. When students register, you will be asked to submit questions that you would like to be addressed during the panel discussion section of the program.
August and September 2021 – Transitions workshops via Zoom
The series is designed exclusively for first-year graduate and professional students and covers topics like understanding doctoral funding, mentoring, time management, and much more. View the Transitions pageKết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nay for more information.
For Our International Student Community:
New International Student Orientation
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayNew and transferring international students (both undergraduate and graduate/professional students) are invited to the orientation hosted by the .
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayThis orientation will provide essential immigration and legal information, guidelines on health and safety, Office of Global Learning services and programs, as well as a chance to meet current international students and receive tips for academic success.
Additional information available in the modules:
- Pre-arrival and arrival information, including Cornell’s COVID-19 testing and behavioral compact.
- COVID-19 health information.
- Not Anymore, a video-based program required for all graduate and professional students, with critical information about sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, gender discrimination, and bystander intervention options.
- Important Cornell offices and resources.
- Online social events sponsored by the Big Red Barn Graduate and Professional Student Center.
Graduate School Announcements posts Monday nights (ET)
All new students will begin receiving the weekly Graduate School Announcements. This newsletter, sent to current students, contains news, updates, deadlines, policies, resources, funding, programs, and events for Graduate School students.
Public Health Requirements
Keeping students, faculty, and staff safe
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayTo maintain a safe, educational, and vibrant learning environment, Cornell has implemented a number of public health measures. is updated frequently and includes complete information on Cornell’s response to the pandemic and public health regulations, including archived updates, town halls, and information on student arrival, transportation, testing, and much more.
All students – whether remote or in the Ithaca area – must complete the , which includes multiple actions before students can finalize enrollment in spring courses.
To maintain a safe, educational, and vibrant learning environment for all members of our Cornell community, all students in Ithaca will be required to abide by a and complete the every day (including weekends).
Cornell’s robust is an absolute requirement for all students, whether living in on-campus housing or in the local Ithaca community.
Look for more information in our weekly Announcements.
Find Your Community
Knowing where to look can give you a head start
Kết quả xổ số Wilo hôm nayWith 23,600 students, Cornell is large. This year, with students studying and researching in a hybrid learning environment, it may be especially hard to meet new people. The programs, organizations, and resources below are designed to bring people together.
- Big Red Barn Graduate and Professional Student Center. The Barn is the heart of the graduate and professional community with numerous virtual events scheduled throughout the fall semester.
- Student Groups. With over 900 student groups, find a group that corresponds to your personal or professional interests. Several upcoming events are listed below.
- . Cornell’s system of governance includes an active student component. Becoming part of the GPSA is a great way to meet people.
- Graduate and Professional Student Diversity Council. Help advance a sense of community, professional excellence, and a climate of inclusion for all graduate and professional students, but especially for those from marginalized communities and backgrounds historically underrepresented in the academy.
- Student Communities. Review our short list of student groups and links to other places to find community.
If you have any questions, please contact Janna Lamey, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Life (607-255-5184 or firstname.lastname@example.org).